Follow Be Warrior

What Can I Do To Gain Weight?



Now before I go on… It's not your training program that will pack on the pounds but your nutritional habits. But first let me give you an example. So many people have some idea of their calories they need in mind. Maybe you are going for 3500-4000, but you haven't got a specific goal and you aren't counting your calories.

**THIS IS A RED FLAG** That says to me: You have no idea where to start. And as many people are when they have no foundation, they are frustrated. And justly so! So here's what you do:

Step 1: You need to figure out how many calories a day you need to consume. 3500-4000 might be a goal but how do you know that is what you need?

Step 2: You have to track your daily caloric intake closely or you are just guessing. It does not need to be accurate down to the last calorie but it needs to be an ACCURATE (within 10% or so) portrayal of what you have eaten during the day.

Most people are greatly surprised to learn that they are consuming more calories per day than they had originally thought, sometimes THOUSANDS of calories more. This does not mean that you start skipping meals; it just means that you need to have an accurate understanding of what you are putting in your body so you can balance that against what your body needs to achieve your goals.
Step 3: No more excuses for not eating. Going to college and having to work nights means you will have to plan on making meals in advance. Eating 5-6 times a day is a must. When I went to college I didn't do this.

And I didn't gain weight either. I ate my 2-3 meals a day and had fun at college. I never planned a meal. And I stayed a skinny kid.
So there you have it. You can figure out a training program all you want. You can do a very basic, somewhat heavy, 4x a week program and make more gains if you eat right then a guy who has the perfect hardcore routine and just eats to get by.

By the way, many of these hardgainers train hard and too frequent. If you have a high metabolism, you will make better gains by going heavy and training less.

If you can dedicate time to training at a specific time, you can prep some food, put in it Tupperware, baggies or whatever, throw it in a backpack and eat at scheduled intervals. And yes, being in college makes that very hard.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful post. I got so many sites for weight loss but very less for gain weight. I believe that being healthy is the most important thing. Supplements can help you in keeping you fit. I am taking prohormones supplement for maintained body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks acker for ur comment
      ur words motivate me thank you :)

      Delete